Bianchi’s push for development of world class frames and performance technology continues with the introduction of new super aerodynamic TT-Triathlon Aquila CV carbon frame with Countervail technology.
Bianchi main goal was to minimize aerodynamic drag through system engineered and seamless integration components. Frame has entirely smooth surfaces and no exposed fasteners.
Aquila CV is engineered and designed using the most advanced CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) simulation software and pro athlete feedback. Bianchi’s new TT/Tri bike is developed and tested in the wind tunnel. The front area of the frame, fork and bars are the most important profiles when considering aerodynamic drag on a bicycle. These are the first areas encountering undisturbed air. Bianchi focused their efforts in these critical areas with a system engineered philosophy to component design and aero integration.
COUNTERVAIL MATERIAL AND TECHNOLOGY
Bianchi is proud to be the first to introduce Countervail® Vibration Cancelling Technology for a TT-triathlon bicycle. With the patented carbon fiber architecture and viscoelastic material, Countervail® carbon material, embedded within the Aquila CV carbon frame and fork, immediately cancels vibration while increasing the stiffness and strength of the entire frame/fork system.
SUPER AERO HANDLEBAR
Aquila CV features Bianchi system designed, and NACA proven airfoil shape of the handlebar, smoothly integrated into the form of the frontal area of the frame. The new bike also features by the internal routing of all cabling and wires.The stem offers three different lengths: 90, 110 and 130 mm.
Bianchi’s experience in the wind tunnel combined with CFD simulation confirmed that front end of the Aquila minimizes aerodynamic drag. With this in mind, Bianchi engineered a customized front cover hiding the brake system. The rear brake is positioned in the bottom-bracket area to minimize aerodynamic drag.
DUAL POSITION SEATPOST
Bianchi’s proprietary aluminium seatpost clamp features 2 different positions enabling road TT and triathlon specific configurations with +/- 18mm setback.
THE ADVANTAGES OF AQUILA CV’S TECHNOLOGY
• Maximized ride control and handling, allowing the rider sustained best aero position in varied road conditions
• Reduced muscle fatigue, in particular the neck, shoulders and lower back empowering leg strength and increasing overall duration
• Increased energy savings, improve the rider’s overall performance
• Increased rigidity and peak power output over long distances
• NACA (National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics) aerodynamic profiles
• Monocoque carbon frame – Optimized for aerodynamics, efficiency, and comfort
• High-modulus carbon frame with revolutionary Countervail® Vibration Cancelling Technology
• Full carbon fork Countervail® Vibration Cancelling Technology
• TT/Tri dedicated geometry with 76.5° seat tube, 72° head tube angles
• Adjustable rear dropouts for precise rear wheel positioning minimizing turbulence
• Mechanical and electronic component compatibility
• System-Integrated aerodynamic bar and stem
• Concealed front brake
• Rear brake behind bottom-bracket reduces turbulence and drag
• Weight: 1,25 Kg
• Sizes: XS – S – M – L